1.04.2006

Every little bit

As a busy mom I have realized that every little bit of help and knowledge I can scrounge up is useful to my everyday life.

For instance the other day I was treating myself to new bras at Victorias Secret and while I was talking to the sales lady about WHY my current bras had lost their form she reminded me that they needed to be handwashed. HANDWASH? I said- are you kidding me? The only thing I have time to handwash is my 18 month old. She replied with what is the most profound thing I have heard in a while and while you may think it is common sense, I found it to be as uplifting as my new bras. She said and I quote: "Well, what you can do is take your bras into the shower with you and while you are in there just use shampoo or body wash or perhaps a small bottle of detergent and wash them and hang them up to dry in the shower?"

Well- I have been doing it and it's fab! I use my favorite body wash and BAM. Clean, shapely bras.

Don't miss the 25% off sale at Victorias Secret.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the best idea i've heard in a long time!!! thanks!!

8:13 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Kage said...

Any ideas for getting boobs that actually need a bra?

3:30 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Rubys Mama said...

Well Kage... there is always pumping your arms back and forth and saying "i must, i must, i must increase my bust"... isn't that from a Judy Blume book? Bless that Judy Blume!

10:27 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Katie said...

That's so funny! My older sisters would chant that "I must increase my bust" and I then too learned it as a kid. I've never known where on earth it came from. And it's not something you can say without being looked at like you're a nut. Once I'm done nursing this baby, bye bye boobies. Really. Love the shower idea. So, body soap will really work as well as detergent does?

9:44 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger newhavenmama said...

The image of all my bras hanging from the shower rod when my husband sleepily stepped in the shower in the morning has me cracking up. I think he would go into fits. Hee, hee.

2:58 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Rubys Mama said...

I am sure any kind of soap is fine, who knows what they put in laundry detergent. If you are worried, then use something like dreft in a small bottle in your shower and just squirt away! I use my CG Bigelow Rosemary Mint body wash and it's fine so far!

I hear you MAMAHolly- Ruby'sDad was like "um what's up bra factory?"

3:01 PM, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home